ALEKSA ŠANTIĆ - NE VJERUJ

www.tips-fb.com


ALEKSA ŠANTIĆ - NE VJERUJ ENGLISH TRANSLATION


Ne vjeruj u moje stihove i rime
Kad ti kažu, draga, da te silno volim,
U trenutku svakom da se za te molim
I da ti u stabla urezujem ime-

Do not believe in my verses and rhymes
When they tell you, darling, that i love you greatly
In every minute that i am praying for you
And that i write your name on trees


Ne vjeruj! No kasno, kad se mjesec javi
I prelije srmom vrh modrijeh krša,
Tamo gdje u grmu proljeće leprša
I gdje slatko spava naš jorgovan plavi,

Do not believe! But late (at night), when the moon appears
And pours srma at top of the dark blue limestone
there, where spring flutters in bushes
And where our blue lilac sleeps sweetly


Dođi, čekaću te! U časima tijem,
Kad na grudi moje priljubiš se čvršće,
Osjetiš li, draga, da mi tijelo dršće,
I da silno gorim ognjevima svijem,

Come, i will wait for you! In those hours
When you snuggle up my chest more firmly
Do you feel, darling, that my body trembles,
And that I burn intensely with all the flames


Tada vjeruj meni, i ne pitaj više!
Jer istinska ljubav za riječi ne zna;
Ona samo plamti, silna, neoprezna,
Niti mari, draga, da stihove piše!

At that moment believe me, and don't ask any more!
Because true love does not know words
It just burns, mighty, incautious
(it) doesn't mind, darling, to write verses!

 
1905.
ALEKSA ŠANTIĆ


Translation: IBRA
Correction: AZRA

No comments: